Project Progress Dashboard + Reporting Of All Business Units
Building a cloud-based data landscape connected with Power App to allow consistent & data driven updates from Project Managers to Executives
- Data Uniformity was missing as each department was following different reporting formats, different reporting periods, and Projects master data was not maintained at a single source
- Some Projects are linked to KPI & must be reported to KPI Owner.
- Project Manager maybe on leave and Project Members must provide update.
- Manual reporting to Executive without consistent frequency.
- Conducted business workshops with business units reporting frequently to Client’s leadership, to identify and prioritize business KPIs
- Power Apps, Power Automate, SharePoint and Power BI are selected technology options
- Provided User management within Power App
- Provided Role based data entry within Power App
- Maintained Data linkage to KPI’s
- Provided Role based SLA reminders for different Projects having different SLA’s
- Provided System based SLA missed actions to keep the process ongoing
- SharePoint acted as source for power bi dashboard. Executive report got produced directly out of Project Progress data stored on SharePoint Lists
- Provided merged weekly reporting data for all projects on Power BI
- Executives can see the weekly update from anywhere on their desktop or mobile
Key Value to Business:
- Visibility and accessibility of Projects performance KPIs across LOBs in one view
- Master data management concepts reduced the confusion in business around projects and customers.
- Easy visibility and configurability to view status of the Projects.